Management Plans for Thwaite Mills
For Leeds City Council
- Thwaite Mills is a rare example of a working water-powered mill, at a key site along the canal corridor, part of the waterfront regeneration of Leeds City Centre.
- Develop a series of management plans to inform a development strategy for the watermill and surrounding area
- A feasibility study, conservation plan, Health & Safety reports and environmental assessment to feed into an overall development strategy for the Council
- Strategies to combine cultural and industrial heritage with environmental sustainability to benefit both local residents and visitors.
- Recommendations including interpretive messages, a sensory garden and trails and the sensitive re-use of nationally significant historic buildings
The site has been recognised as a potential beacon of regeneration and environmental good practice for the South Leeds Regeneration area.
Back to top