Bugsworth Basin, Derbyshire
For British Waterways
- From our Interpretative strategy and Plan for Bugsworth Basin develop the concept designs through to final installation
- At the culmination of three decades of restoration by British Waterways, the Inland Waterways Protection Society and enthusiastic and active volunteer groups, interpret and enhance a heritage gem and hub of community activities.
- A two-stage programme to allow the gradual implementation of the strategy within the available resources
- A ‘multi-layered’ approach to the interpretation of the canal basin; visitors and local regular users can enjoy the site and access information without a prescribed ‘set route’
- Sympathetic design of on-site interpretation in keeping with the peaceful landscape setting
Back to top