The Lincoln Magna Carta Options Appraisal and Development Study
For The Historic Lincoln Partnership
- A keystone of English law and an iconic document in our nation’s history, one of four surviving copies of Magna Carta is owned by Lincoln Cathedral and currently displayed in the City’s Castle.
- Consider options to increase awareness and attract more interest from the community and tourists
- The project is still current and involves an Options appraisal and development study to assess a potential new location for Magna Carta.
- We are incorporating extensive community and stakeholder consultations, comparator sites and physical options reviews
- Provide a creative and sustainable solution to the issues, to preserve the document, while encouraging visitors and local people to see this hugely important manuscript and learn about its place in history.
Back to top